Since creating the Premier Pregnancy Practice™
in early 2018, I have spoken to hundreds of chiropractors world wide and I’ve learned a lot about pregnancy practices all over the planet.
Here’s what I discovered so far. Almost ALL of the doctors struggling in their pregnancy practices are struggling for the SAME five reasons and ALL of these reasons are a bunch of hooey!
The first “reason” is that many doctors believe that the midwives in their town ALREADY have a pregnancy care chiropractor to refer patients.
The Second “reason” I hear a lot is …. “I don’t know any midwives”
The Third “reason” I will discuss is…. OB’s don’t refer to chiropractors
Here’s why THAT “reason”is a bunch of hooey
- Some OB’s do not refer to chiropractors, but to say that ALL do not is simply not true.
- Ask the doulas and midwives in your town, which OBs do they enjoy working with.
- Chances are good that if the OB works well with midwives and doulas, then they are more likely to be open to working with DCs as well. You’ve got nothing to lose, so ask.
- Why do you think they don’t refer? What blocks need clearing up? Do they really know what you do? Can you teach them?
- Again, what about OTHER practitioners?
- Massage Therapists
- Lactation consultants
- Childbirth educators
- Yoga instructors
- Pelvic Floor therapists
- yada yada yada – you get the idea.
See? A bunch of HOOEY!
Have a great day!
Want more help? Let’s chat. Set up a free strategy session (in your time zone) here.